When you’re creating an ecommerce business one of the best platforms to choose is Magento. This design offers an interface that’s completely user-friendly, a variety of Magento plugins and add-ons, easy installation, and much more. When you’re looking for a 100% shopping package that will compliment your products, Magento offers top-of-the-line features. Qode Media, the best SEO and Internet marketing company Toronto, can help you determine the best ecommerce platform for your business.
When setting up an ecommerce site, the platform you choose should be easy to set up, and easy to maintain. As well, important security features must be in place on the user-friendly and easy-to-navigate website. When your site is easy to use and operate, viewers are a lot more likely to buy what you are offering. If a potential customer gets frustrated while navigating the site, they are more likely to click off your ecommerce store and head to another.
How to Improve Your ECommerce Magento Store
- If your ecommerce store isn’t ranking high in the search engines, you’ll need to make sure that your URLS are search engine-friendly. This will involve configuring the URLs in the administration area and turning on the web server rewrites. If the proper SEO-friendly URLs aren’t showing, Google will have a harder time distinguishing what you’re selling on each page.
- In some cases, Magento can load slowly, and this is one of the best ways to lose customers. By enabling the “Compilation” function you’ll be able to see increased speeds of 25% to 50%. The pages will load faster and you’ll be able to retain more customers.
- Some store owners don’t want the functionality of comparing products to show up on the pages since it can confuse a buyer that has already ready can make a purchase. This function can be taken off the page by editing some of the code and then flushing the Magento cache from the admin area.
- If you don’t already have a blog set up on your Magento site, you should consider adding one. This is the best way to continually add optimized and relevant content to your website. It adds another aspect to your ecommerce store and Google appreciates it. Extensions are available that will allow you to easily set up a blog and have it running quickly.
- Magento offers a built-in contact form but you can also add a form to any page by changing the code through the administrator area. This gives potential customers the chance to ask questions about certain items so that they feel they can make an informed buying decision.
By opening up the fields of communication on your Magento site you’ll see an abundance of new customers. If you’re having any problems operating your Magento store, want to improve it or need to get one up and running, please contact Qode Media, the best SEO & Internet marketing company Toronto, at 416-208-0157 or schedule a free consultation using our online form.