This ad is for an internal job role. Please do not solicit us for freelance web design, SEO, or link building services.
We are looking for a talented Graphic/Web Designer Intern to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills. You will work on a variety of products, including websites, application development, display ads, corporate identity etc. and you will cooperate with our designers and account managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with a wide range of media and using graphic design software.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, executives etc.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies such as Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, HTML, CSS, WordPress and OpenGL.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion/Ongoing course of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience. Degree field: Computer Science, Media Information & Technology, Graphic Design, Website Design.
- A professional portfolio of design mockups.
- 1 year of client related work experience is an asset, but not mandatory. This is an entry level position.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
The Internship will operate within business hours and candidates are required to visit our office (In North York) two-three days a week. Interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
If you are interested, please send your resume and program requirements to email@example.com with “Graphic Web Designer Intern” as the subject or fill out the form below.